Thread: Dutch CMPs
View Single Post
Old 15-04-21, 00:46

Quote:
I saw this body again yesterday, the current owner and I were discussing this configuration. There were many Lindsay type house bodies in Laboratory, Machinery, Stores and Switchboard configurations, but we are not sure if there ever was one with only windows in the side and a rear door. Most likely this was part of the conversion done by the Dutch Army.
Hanno,

I agree that this is most likely a Dutch post-war conversion, as I am not aware of any versions with 4 windows each side and no front windows. Detailed pictures of the body, and any remains of welds and holes could help with determining more about it's origins....the two wingnuts and brackets on the left wheel-house could be remains of the spare wheel carrier, but hard to tell.
you say "a rear door"...does it have only one? Is there a locker on the right hand side front of the body?

Here is another picture from the NIMH archives, with 4 Lindsey bodied trucks, two of which seems to match the body as indicated in this thread. One of the two might actually be the surviving body.

enlarged from this picture:

https://nimh-beeldbank.defensie.nl/f...d-ab668a65651d

If you look in Gregg's "Canada Fighting Vehicles" you will note that the "Chemical warfare laboratory" is somewhat close, with 1 of the same windows (in the same position) and no workbenches or doors in the sides, but there were none in the Deelen dump post-war as far as I know. There were however 2 TEV Army C60X trucks in the Deelen dump in 1946, so that is a possibility. It's a hunch however, as the body could also easily have started life as a Stores body as they were plentiful!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2021-04-15 Foto's.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	121478