Thread: Gas Gas Gas
View Single Post
Old 01-09-05, 15:04
3RD ECHELON WKSP

While watching last evening's news, it was stated that Canada is not really an importer of oil. We are self sustaining due to the fact that we produce more than we can use, in fact around 97% of the oil used here comes from here, with minimal US import.
The news was saying that the reason we go up in price is the fact that truly, we are a North American economy whose links go much further than one may think.
Oil prices are controlled through the NYSE.
It does piss me off for sure and the people I feel real sorry for are the ones who barely eek out their existance to begin with and hardly scrape by as it is.
Imagine a single parent family who now must pay an extra $10 or more on a weekly fill up. Yeah, it's only $10, but, add it up over a month, plus all the other commodities one needs.
The effects of this are going to be staggering as groceries, clothing, heating oil, consumer goods, insurance etc etc go through the roof.
I know of some people who will just have to stop driving altogether.
My Ford F150 has a 72L fuel tank.
Last couple weeks with the price around $1 per Litre that was around $70 for a total fill.
When I go to fill up today, let's see, 72 x $1.25 = $90
I know for sure that this will certainly keep me close to home, especially while being unemployed. Methinks a job in the big city is certainly out of the question. A F150 is nothing special and lots of us are getting royally screwed.
To answer the question of HMVs at events, again, it'll be close to home or a fuel stipend or no go.
I believe that something real bad is going to happen, soon.
This whole Katrina thing reminds me a lot of the WTC and 9/11.
I've the same doomsday feeling in my gut that I had then. Is it just me?
The economy of this nation is sitting on a razor's edge right now.
All it will take is a catastrophic event like this to push us over the edge...

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers