View Single Post
Old 02-12-05, 03:19
3RD ECHELON WKSP

Peter, I too feel the same way re Canadian lives.
Just like a lot of other things, I think it is about time that we as Canadians throw out the PC bullshit and the helping hands that are seemingly endless and let these people duke it out for themselves.
I say let them kill each other, same as in Iraq, Somalia, Sudan, Leabanon, Israel etc etc etc. Enough is enough of spending billions of dolars in taxpayers money and putting lives on the line for some ingrates who don't give a rats ass for nothing only to take these same people as "immigrants" who totally disrespect our culture and heritage and impinge on OUR beliefs, morals and freedoms.
Leave them to the own demise and let them blast one another all to hell.
Many of these cultures have only ever known an existance of violence, either giving, receiving or threatened by it.
Trying to civilize these cultures to a Western idiology is a setup for disaster as there are too many differences including political, cultural, religious and ethnic types. Imposing our way of thinking will never work so we might as well pack up and go home as it is not worthwhile. For being a Superpower, I would have though that the Americans would have figured this out already although in their mind there is a little American inside every foreigner just waiting to break out...yeah, right.
As far as I'm concerned, usually it takes the people to make things the way they want them. Don't like the government? Throw them out. Can't throw them out because they're a dictatorship? Have a civil waror a coup. You guys want it, fight for it. Why should we waste our people and our budget for your beliefs?
I truly believe that a culture brought up in the shadow of violence is one doomed to be ruled by it as it seems that the only way to keep the people in line is by use of it.
An example to illustrate my point.
It is known fact that the different cultural groups in the Balkans have hated each other for many, many years, with a history longer and bloodier than we can fathom. During the Second World War the German Army had something in the neighbourhood of 9 divisions in Yugoslavia and still couldn't take control. For the most part they allowed the Serbs and Croatians to fight each other and when all was over they kicked the winner's ass. Easier to take on one side than two. Along come the Russians at the end of the war and establish a cool relationship with Tito (the commie) who keeps everyone under control during the Cold W
ar years with his Soviet inspired doctrine of discipline. End result is that the ethnics stay quiet. The Cold War ends in 1989 with the collapse of the Berlin Wall and shortly thereafter most of the communist Soviet sattelite countries end up in civil wars as the reigning authorities are now powerless to control decades of ethnic hatred toward one another. Soviet Georgia, Uzbekistan, Afganistan etc.
Time and time again, the Western world comes to the aid of the underdog only to get a swift kick in the nuts.

1968 M274A5 Mule Baifield USMC
1966 M274A2 Mule BMY USMC
1958 M274 Mule Willys US Army
1970 M38A1 CDN3 70-08715 1 CSR
1981 MANAC 3/4T CDN trailer
1943 Converto Airborne Trailer
1983 M1009 CUCV

RT-524, PRC-77s,
and trucks and stuff and more stuff and and.......

OMVA, MVPA, G503, Steel Soldiers

Last edited by chris vickery; 02-12-05 at 03:43.