Thread: 8 cwt pictures
View Single Post
Old 08-03-07, 03:20

Default More on F/C 8cwts.

After being away from the internet for a few weeks I'd like to revive this thread. Still no photos of the long box version (1B1 and 1B2 body style) in action , though lots of the original short box.

I suspect that the long box 8's may have all stayed in Canada? They were all cab 12, right? And quite late for the 8 ; say, July to Nov 1941? Possibly considered obsolete for front line service by then? David (Hayward) - do you have any evidence of these trucks in UK service?

I was interested to see the photos that Cletrac posted of that 8cwt in Alberta. David (Pope) - did you take any other pics of it to show the location of the rear lights (under the LHS rear of the box?). Also, any data plate info or the box maker's plate which I think I can just see rear bottom left - mine is Beath of Toronto.
I noted the tilt bows were just like mine with the parallel welded sections to the base of the front and rear bows - to bring the tilt right to the end of the box. Did other CMP's have this refinement?

What happened to that Alberta truck , David? Too bad that the lidded bins in the box had been taken out.

Hi also to Paul Singleton - thanks for jumping into this thread while I was away. Come out to see the truck sometime!