View Single Post
Old 01-12-08, 10:44
Corowa Project 30

I phoned Tabitha at the Corowa Airport today to see if she has had many bookings for powered sites and she said she only had a few bookings. I am aware that there will be a number of people staying at the airport and it is really important that you book your sites ASAP. Upon arrival at the Airport you must visit Tabitha or Tim in the Jump Shak before setting up your campsite. She will organise extra toilets and showers if she gets lots of bookings. The cost will be $10 per person, per night for a powered site and at this stage she has some beds left in the Jump Shak for the same price. There is now air conditioning in the Jump Shak so if we experience high temperatures again I know where to find you. Meals will be available but you must inform Tabitha ahead of time. Last year there were a few dogs at the airport. This year it will be STRICTLY NO DOGS. These rules apply at all airports.

Alex McPherson has just visited Corowa and the road works has been delayed. At this stage we are unsure what the status will be with Tracked Vehicles in the parade. Alex also mentioned that the river level is up a bit due to irrigation. It is difficult to say what the levels will be like in March.

I have received a number of entry forms and know there are more to come. Please send your entry form in ASAP. The second page asks if you will be attending the meal functions. Please complete this with your entry form.

It has also been suggested that a photo be taken of people who attended the first rally. If you were at the rally in 1980 please be at the Auction & Presentation evening on Saturday 14th March. We would like to take a group photo. The people who I can think of at this stage who are likely to attend include: Alan Newton, Ian Grieve, Peter Short, Phil Rider, Don Campbell, Tom Rolfe, Trevor Boyle, Col Anderson, Tim Vibert, Bevan Fenner, Peter Hart, Dave Mottram, Barbara Thompson, Hugh Thompson and myself. If you can think of anyone else who we still see from time to time please let me know.

Thank you to the people who have sent emails and private messages regarding the first KVE newsletter. I would appreciate people passing on these messages to other participants.
Research & Development
THE COROWA YEAR 30 PROJECT