View Single Post
Old 15-08-17, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Suslowicz View Post
It's the Emergency Communication System, and allows the commander to talk to the crew even if the intercom amplifier has failed or is switched off (as long as there is still battery power to the transformer, of course).

The box contains the microphone transformer for the power microphone, possibly a resistor if it's a 24-volt unit that used the same transformer as the original 12 volt ones, and has a 3-wire cable to the vehicle junction box. (+12 volts, Ground, and 'Speech' (i.e. the crew intercom circuit).) They were designed to provide the same output as the WS19 intercom amplifier.

As far as I know they (or a slightly more modern equivalent) are still fitted to more recent vehicles. (I have a 24-volt one with 6-pin connectors from the 'New Range' era.)

Chris.
Chris

Excellent - thanks!

Just need to find one of those now.

Do you have a pic of the modern one please - perhaps some of the parts are sufficiently interchangeable to use to make one if I cannot find an original.

Will in the meantime add to my list of parts still to find (though fortunately I think there are no more after this and the A set antenna/vario parts for the Wireless system).

Cheers

Tim