Thread: Wanted: Dodge D15/T222
View Single Post
Old 22-07-14, 17:23

Default Dodge D15/T222

I am in the process of writing a book, together with a British and a Belgian, about the vehicles of the PPA (Popski's Private Army), SAS (Special Air Service) and the LRDG (Long Range Desert Group), and how to properly build and equip a Jeep or other vehicle belonging to these units (LRDG used a number of different trucks)

I have owned a Dodge WC51, manufactured February 12th 1945, since 1994 when I bought it at an auction in Norway. So it came straight out of army storage. The Dodge has been under a frame off restoration for 3½ years and should be back in my garage at the end of summer. I have, however, come to set my eyes on another Dodge family member, one from North of The Border, Canada, a D15/T222. These trucks were used by the PPA, among others, for transportation of supplies to the front lines.

I am depending on an electric wheelchair, and have been for over ten years, and need a truck with spacious enough rear body to accept my chair. Both the WC51 and D15 fall into that category. I am getting more involved with the group "friends of Popskis Private Army-foPPA" and a D15 would fit the bill nicely when out touring with the rest of the foPPA.

So I am on the lookout for a 1942-1944 Dodge D15/T222 in preferably restored, complete, and running condition. I may consider trading (plus cash?) with my Factory Fresh Dodge WC51.

I live in Stockholm, Sweden.

My e-mail is goran_noren[at]yahoo[dot]com

Goran N
Attached Thumbnails
Dodge D15-1546.jpg  
Attached Images