View Single Post
Old 27-04-04, 14:58
Commonwealth NOT Europe

Quote:
Originally posted by FV623
"Mr.Dowe and Egbert's finest smoking material; and I still think "halfzware shag" suggests a bonk with your socks on, no matter what you say McSpool."
FV - I think we not only think alike, we even smoke the same stuff - always makes me chuckle even more than the health warning on the pack.

"You might be better served with our National Lottery, a device where 20 million of the poorest people sponsor 250 of the richest to attent the Royal Opera House at Covent Garden. "
They're giving money to everyone EXCEPT those that need it ( ie ME)

"Obscene waste I call it, but then everyone else thinks I'm a cantankerous and awkward arse-hole."
And I'm often told that my politics are 'slightly to the right of Attilla the Hun.'

A square meal refers to the 'hard-tack' or ships biscuit. Cooked twice so that it didn't decay, only the weevils gave it any noticeable flavour. Best reduced to a powder and mixed with hot water to make porridge. Something similar was still part of army rations into the 1930s at least _ the origin of 'iron rations' and most useful for firing at the enemy, any recipient not wearing a tin hat was in hospital with concussion.
2-6 - can't remember that one.

It's not that I live close to Pompey, but spent 4 years as a Petty Officer Instructor with the Sea Cadet Corps.

A wasted youth is better by far than a wise and productive old age!! (Meatloaf)