View Single Post
Old 19-03-06, 19:45
Son of Kangaroo Trooper

Smile Neat photo

Nice photo Mark,

Is this from a published source? At first glance I thought I had not seen this one before but I looked through some stuff I got from the IWM last fall and lo and behold...

This is a detail of a larger photo. I have a contact sheet of kangaroo photos from the IWM that has this photo on it and it shows more of the surrounding landscape and it appears the photographer was actually riding in the kangaroo ahead as you can see a little of the rear deck of the APC in the foreground.

The caption from the IWM is as follows:
The Advance on Hertogenbosh (sic) B11201
Troops (51st Highland Division was) committed to battle in this (the 12 Corps) atttack on Holland. The advance was in the general direction of Hertogenbosh. These pictures (11201-204) show infantry (of the 2nd Seaforth highlanders Bn.,) (152 Bde.) moving up and advancing in Kangaroos, old Ram tanks without a gun turret. Infantry travel to their objective on these kangaroos driven by Canadians on this occasion., the advance on Schijndel (sic).

Taken by Sgt. Norris. 24.10.44. RELEASED

Note of the above mentioned series of photos B 11201-204. 3 have shown up here now. B11203 has not been shown. I'll attach here, though my copy is just a very low grade photocopy. All the photos in this series bear the same caption as above.

Bill.
Attached Thumbnails
b11201_204.jpg