View Single Post
Old 13-04-18, 17:14

Thanks for clarifying the status of the vibrator in the overall system, Bruce. I will ignore it for the time being.

I pulled the OZ4 and checked the input to it on pins 3 and 5. Pin 3 was 200 VAC. Pin 5 was 150 VAC. As I reached under the supply to switch it off, I caught a bit of movement under some of the wiring. Loose bits wreaking havoc perhaps? When I turned the supply upright and gave it a careful shake over the bench, a small, oxidized blob of solder, along with several blobs of what looked like molten graphite fell out. I then blew the chassis with the air gun to make sure nothing else was still hiding.

When I then repeated the aforementioned test, I got 200 VAC on both Pin 3 and Pin 5. With the OZ4 still out, and the supply turned off I decided to double check the output from Pin 8 on the OZ4 to the HT terminal on the Jones Plug. A DC Voltage sweep from 10 to 150 Volts fed into Pin 8 was mirrored perfectly at the Jones Plug.

Next step was to reinstall all three OZ4s I have, fire up the supply and see what HT outputs arrived at the Jones Plug for each of them. Two had a ‘Nil’ result, the third gave me 7 VDC.

Looks like checked and matched OZ4s and OZ4As are readily available on eBay. Will have to pick a few up and try them out. From what I can now see with this ZE-11, a good OZ4/A should bring the AC Side of the supply to life just fine.

David