View Single Post
Old 29-06-13, 10:39
Tony Baker

Thank god there's some news that sounds positive.

I don't recall ever having the feeling of dread, that I get when I check this thread.
Best case scenario still involves a family, and one man in particular, going through a world of pain. Makes me feel sick in the guts just thinking about Bobs immediate future.

I had a teenage patient many years ago who had deliberately covered himself in petrol then set himself on fire. He was required to wear a two layer pressure suit, with wound dressings beneath, for a very long time. Poor sod would beg us not to put the second layer of the suit on, and on rare occassions we obliged, just to give him some respite from the pain. He did improve, some physical injuries were permanent. That was 15 years ago now, so there might be more effective Tx available still. Amazing things can now be achieved, thanks to brilliant surgical techniques & and gifted surgeons!

I only write the above information as I have no doubt that by now Bobs family will fully be aware of what lies ahead in his recovery process, and this won't come as a surprise or shock.

Please keep the updates coming, Keith. No doubt we all want Bob back on his feet ASAP.