Thread: Humber FV1600
View Single Post
Old 09-06-07, 09:28
02 BK 09 ; 02 BK 32

Quote:
Originally posted by JackM
You do need to be independently wealthy to run them though !

Jack
Has anyone ever done an LPG conversion to a B60 engine? that's about half the price of regular petrol here in UK....(which is £1.03 per litre for 97 octane here - mostly tax - what's that in Oz Dollars? - How much is yours? OK - we do not need to drive quite so far on a cross-country trip as you guys do. I think Oztankboy said he did 9000 kms?

15 years back I used to run an Austin K9 as my regular commuter vehicle - not so bad as a Humber but still 9-12 MPG - I knew of this scrap yard that sold 'secondhand petrol' - they got complete cars in and just shredded them and loaded them on ships. The complete car would come in on wheels - then the claw-crane man would flip it onto its side - another guy would punch 2 holes in the tank with an ice-axe and if fuel would pour into an old oil drum. £5 would buy you 25 gallons of 'secondhand' fuel of varying quality - but it kept the old girl full up and allowed me to run around all over the place. Completely against all H&S Regs & probably the Tax people would not be happy either although already taxed once! Yard is now 'Luxury Riverside Appartments' in Central London.

I still think you have more in Oz than we do here - but you are right about mileage - this one has done 2,500 from new....
Attached Thumbnails
wreck 003.jpg