Thread: Humber FV1600
View Single Post
Old 11-06-07, 09:10
02 BK 09 ; 02 BK 32

Hi Rob -

Great to see you here. Your trip was pretty bloody Epic too! - 5,500 miles is amazing, but to pick up a 'rolling restoration' project 55 year-old vehicle - with a busted back axle - and drive it home 350 miles as your first ever trip takes balls. I still see tidy Willys Jeeps turning up at shows on the back of trailers.....sorry to all you guys who have a good reason to tow your Jeep behind your Toyota, but if you can't drive it to a show.....

I have some bits off this new one you can have. The roof is now off - you will see from the pics that the roof (maybe the whole thing?) was way beyond saving - so I have the 'A' brackets from each sode of the cab-back level with windows - missing on 02 BK 32 - and a couple of spare gun-mount balls for the roof - one of yours is broken.

Glad to hear about all the work you have done - sounds like she is getting better all the time. Nutty as it may sound looking at my new project - I would not have been able to do those jobs - this new truck is in a place where my kids can entertain themselves safely and I can keep an eye on them - right now I have about ZERO spare time without the kids......so 'serous' workshop jobs were out for a few years...but 'fun' stuff OK. Like Rich suggests in his e-mail - they boys will be able to help with the welding before this one is finished.

If I give up on this one, you can have my axle.....the rusty yellow/black one was sold on e-bay a few months back, I have been in touch with the buyer but lost contact - I will let you know if anything comes up.

Tom
Portsmouth
UK