View Single Post
Old 01-03-10, 23:28
No1, Mk 2** (I'm back!)

Default No more Toole's?

An integral part of the Corowa experience is the Pilgrimage to Toole's Disposals in Wodonga, which has in recent years been expanded by Bill Toole to an "Open Door" visit to his warhouse crammed full of stock. Until a few years ago, it was also the done thing to pick through Bill's brother's shop, North Eastern Truck Wreckers for ex-Mil vehicle parts, until that business closed due to retirement.
I have been speaking with Bill, and he has told me that the shop in Wodonga is likely to be sold. It has been on the market for some time, and he has recently received a good offer. Bill will be remaining in business through wholesale activities and online through e-bay, but the "retail" side of his business will finish on 30 June this year, or sooner if the shop sells. As he will be keeping his warehouse, there is not likely to be a closing-down auction, but to reduce his moving costs, he would like to talk to you about anything you're interested in in the shop!

This will be your last Corowa event to be able to visit Aladdin's, er, I mean Toole's Disposals, so bring your money and spend up while you can.