View Single Post
Old 30-10-22, 04:33
Ian Cooper

Default just checked out auction

Hi,
I was there today. Most if not all the mv's were frame off or pretty intense restoration jobs. The M35 and M934 were okay as was the M37 and M43 but the last two still need work. I am not sure why the GM and Dodge cab and chassis were there. Maybe civvy trucks used by the army. The White(?) cab and chassis was nice. It was labelled as a refueller, but again some solid time working on the thing. The Brit stuff all came out of BATUS and was in rough shape. The guy did say he was keeping everything for future preservation, but he was not going to restore any of the items.
Inside the building there were many items labelled incorrectly and/or mismatched. The Garand and the No4. Mk1's were already high up in price as were some other items such as the practise bomb but oddly enough, not the Springfield. There is is a lovely Czech 7.92 mm Mauser and it is also starting to get expensive. Other items were also being bid up to a high price, and in my opinion, overpriced which irritated me as I was planning on bidding on them and this is only day one of the bidding. Since I am bidding on some of the mismatched and incorrectly labelled items, sorry, I can't tell you what they are.