View Single Post
Old 30-10-22, 17:47
carrier mech

Good luck to Arlon Bauer, who used to come on this forum once in a while. Arlon used to come around the Calgary show during setup, and would buy the unique items, and never dickered. I see one or two items in this auction that I previously owned.
The auction has gained good exposure through print media as well as social media. I must have had 5 different guys send me the link as well as a couple of the clubs I am affiliated with.

None of the bidding right now means anything, (aside from setting the bottom price) as the real bidding takes place in the last few minutes. And, unlike the auctions of yesteryear, you are not bidding against the 200 people who showed up, but you are bidding against anyone with a computer and an interest.

Damn covid, I used to really like going to a farm or equipment auction...the wife did too but she did not bring home the treasures like I did, but we did enjoy ourselves. It just isn't the same on the internet. It would seem the days of going to a good farm auction, having a hot dog and piece of pie while tapping your toe to the auctioneer's rhythm, are a thing of the past.

One of the shortcomings of these auctions can be the quality (or lack thereof) of the photos. As a result, lesser examples of an item will end up selling for the price of a higher example.

I also note errors in the descriptions, and as with so many of these auctions, the auction house are not experts in this particular field, and the descriptions by the owner get muddled by the auction house. This auction is particularly brief on the descriptions.

Anyway, I know where I will be sitting on Tuesday at 11 in the AM.