View Single Post
Old 30-09-17, 11:24
Darryl

Default M8 restoration

Hi David,

Yes, I think the overhang of the FT237 over the back of the radio shelf would account for the gap of 30mm or so with the shelf in the normal position, as I have it sitting in my photos. I think I now need to fit the FT237 and put the radio shelf back in, but bring it right to the front of the sponson so that the door can latch onto it. Then I can check the gap at the back in when it is in that position.

There is no guarantee I will have an FT237 on that particular shelf. My intention was to put the FT237 and the radio set up on the other side. The M8's often had two radios so dependent on how it looks with the FT237 in the same side as the ready rack, I might look to get a second FT237 and radio set up and set that lot up over the ready rack.

Out of curiousity, I've asked a couple of contacts who have M8's about their shelf and the gap at the back and I will see what they come back with as well.

Thanks for your assistance. It helps to have someone else to discuss the problem with and bounce a few ideas around!

Darryl Lennane

1943 Willys MB
1941 Willys MBT Trailer
1941 Australian LP2A Machine Gun Carrier
1943 White M3A1AOP Scout Car
1944 Ford M8 Armoured Car
1945 Ford M20 Armoured Car