View Single Post
Old 12-02-03, 22:05

Post Snowmobiles

Hello Bob,

I have found some pictures of the instruments and switch-plates, but if they are scanned the resolution needs to be very high to be able to read them. I dont know if it is possible to attach pictures with that high resolution. (I tried but the attachment was to large)

The switch plates have been "repainted" so it is not easy to read the text on the plates but they seem to be made of brass with etched text-areas.

The 3-switch plate looks like "Ford" 13 Cab CMP; from the top: FUEL, AUTOPULSE and IGNITION. The 5-switch plate is rotated 90 deegrees counter-clockwise, and so is the text on the plate (letters under each other). From left: DASH LAMPS, TAIL LAMPS, SIDE LAMPS, HEAD LAMPS and STOP LAMP ISO. ON to the top and OFF to the right of the switches in the 5-switch plate. Some of the switches looks original.

The speedometer is made by "Waltham" and range from 0 to 100 (mph?) clockwise, it looks to be in white colour with brown centre and speed-numbers. The instrument cluster looks to be in the same size as the speedometer, brown and with a "Ford" logo a little bit above the center. OIL on the top, BATT to the right, TEMP in the bottom and FUEL to the left. There is also one switch plate with OIL DILUTER and (diluter) SAFETY SWITCH.

Present are also:
Gear shift plate - etched brass
Supply - Mech 2561 - white plastic plate,
Notice about draining cooling system - steel or alu. plate
warning about driving on dry ground - white plastic plate

And in the engine compartement:
Data plate from manufacturer - brass
Instruction plate: EVANS COMPARTEMENT HEATER - maroon plastic

I hope I will have the other pictures recopied next week. But I think I will need to take more pictures to get better views as well as pictures of the other one.