View Single Post
Old 24-02-05, 19:34

Default Publishing a Membership List (at last ?)

Peter Simundson, our interum President, has recently spoken with both Provincial and Federal Privacy Commissioners and determined that the OMVA can publish its membership list (for members only) WITHOUT the written consent of each of those members.

My question to the OMVA members reading this posting is, "Should we ?".

I have personnally always believed that one of the purposes of this club should be to put owners of HMVs in contact with one another but I recognize that members have legitimate concerns with regards to security, spam, phone sales and the right to be just "left alone" if they want to be.

I propose that the club establish and publish a member's list consisting of the member's name, city only, phone # and/or e-mail address and HMVs owned/area of ex-military interest.

Unless that member has specifically asked, in writing, to be excluded from that list. Keeping in mind that if you're NOT on the list then you DON'T get a copy of the list.

To date, only 15% of members have expressed their views at all but of those, 86% wish to have their info published.

Of course, a second option exists via this Forum and Geoff's kind efforts. If we ask all OMVA members to join MLU then members can exchange messages in complete privacy via Geoff's pm system. This option will however completely exclude those of our members who do not have internet access and I am reluctant to turn down that road.

Your thoughts please ?

Robert Dabkowski (OMVA Membership)

Last edited by Robert Dabkowski; 24-02-05 at 19:58.