View Single Post
Old 01-02-15, 23:50

Default Radio Box Restoration

We have the box up on blocks which makes it a lot easier to safely access the underside as well as the topside. We have removed the upper ventilators and after 70 of sitting outside, I was surprised that the electric fan motor still worked. Ok, $200 later at the local german electricmotorgeshallshaft shop, it was fully operational. Jim and Steve have repaired the pin hole rust perforations in the wheel wells, including the spare tire holder and they have removed all of the windows. I am getting the roof access ladder rebuilt and we are removing, cleaning and rebuilding all window and door latches. Perforations of the outer box are being replaced with aluminum panels and slotted self drive screws. As authentic as some of the other original patches we hope!
I need help finding a metal roll form to replace the metal window enclosures. The window rubber seals are easy enough to get, the latches are salvageable but the lower steel roll forms have rotted away. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance - Richard.
Attached Thumbnails
Front Box.jpg   Spare Tire Hldr.jpg   Ventilator Fan.jpg   Window Frames.jpg   Box Patch.jpg  

1941 CMP C12 C-15A (Parts)
1942 CMP C13 F-60S Dumper (Restoring)
2 x 1941 CMP C12 F-GT (Storage)
194? CMP C13 C-60X (For Sale)