View Single Post
Old 07-08-17, 01:29

Default Observer hatch cover and handrails galore

Hello friends,

Taking care of odds and ends while vacationing home.

Found a nice canvas observer hatch cover in Victoria BC from undisclosed source... Brought it home after receiving a briefing by friend Harry M. on how to install it. Forgot to take pictures ... and forgot how to install it .

Installed handrails on top of the box. They are lower than originals because i could not back out of the hangar if they were. The door is too low ! Notice also the very low clearance with the ceiling fan !

The handrails closest to the ladder are removeable for the same reason and we can all see it would be a smash if i tried to back up... I need a higher garage door.

Anyway , work is coming along pretty well . Will remove the ceiling next winter to replace the plywood nearest the aluminium sheets under the railings and handrails to improve the anchor of the lagbolts used .

Also in the works for next winter will be finishing connecting the Chorehorse chargers to the batteries . Missing the correct fuses and cut-off and the steel box containing them. Will be asking for measurements soon.

Sweet .

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Oberver hatch round canvas cover 1.jpg   handrails 2.jpg  
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 10-08-17 at 01:43.