View Single Post
Old 15-11-12, 20:36
Terry Warner

In 2007-ish, Andre showed me the chassis on a twin-axle flat trailer. It looked just different enough to not be what I guessed. He smiled and corrected me.

For anyone who has not had the pleasure of a visit, Andre has no time for the internet. He believes in face to face deals, and was extremely generous with his time. I sent him a list of parts for my M38A1, which he was able to fill. And, as I was about to leave (in the most famous of Quebec customs), offered me 'just one more thing'. Saying goodbye means finding you coat, and talking. Finding you boots, and talking. Hand on the doorknob, and talking. Then there is the whole outside at the car conversation.

Andre does not do all the work himself. Instead, he has a local mechanic cum handyman, who does most of the work. If they need to replace brake lines, Andre buys a big upright bin full of blank brake lines, like any small town garage would have, and whatever tools are needed to do the job correctly. They will deviate from the original equipment for such modern conveniences as electric fuel pumps on the the diesels, but otherwise he is a stickler for accuracy.

- 74-????? M151A2
- 70-08876 M38A1
- 53-71233 M100CDN trailer

Beware! The Green Disease walks among us!