View Single Post
Old 17-02-13, 17:16

Thanks Bruce. Yours don't look at all like the pile of poop I've got! The reel l have is for the 185 ft Aerial No. 1. What is wound around it is three sections of 7-strand copper wire. The smaller piece (about 12 feet) has a 1/2 " spade lug on one end. The other two pieces (about 20 feet and 50 feet) have a single insulator link fastened at one end. One of these links has an additional 2 feet of stranded copper wire fitted to it, ending in a threaded terminal post.

From what I can see from your photos, the only thing original left on what I have is the soldered loop connection of the stranded copper element wire to the surviving, black, insulator links. No trace at all of the insulated feeder line to the set, or how it was connected to the aerial element.

I don't think I will ever need the full set of horizontal aerials, but I wouldn't mind tracking down a couple of the set eventually. Mind you, if I ever win a lottery and my lovely wife finally gets her dream kitchen, my perspective might change.

David