View Single Post
Old 03-07-13, 00:00
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper740 View Post
The first jack-hole that tells me I can't wear the uniform I wore while serving in the CF is going to get a size 12 Wide combat boot impression on their back-side! I turned all my kit in when I left the CF and somehow ended up with a set of summer-weight DEUs, two sets of combats, Coveralls, Anti-Fod, and a set of desert tans. I wear them to both Remembrance Day and Memorial Day ceremonies as well as Military shows to educate the public.
I cannot support your decision as it is illegal and I have spent most of my adult life involved in enforcement and/or compliance roles. That said, I do admire your desire to respect the sacrifices made by the CAF. However, at what point do you go from representing the Army to being perceived as a person of ridicule? A year or two after retirement you probably still look good. Ten years later you start to look a little silly. It is only after 30 or 40 years later you would fall into that group of veterans that we see every year on November 11, wearing their old WWII uniforms, and we smile and wave.
Clive