View Single Post
Old 08-11-17, 10:42

I have set of the WW1 Official History including two of the Medical History volumes. The set is in very good condition and originally belonged to Colonel Frank Hewiston who was a long time member of the Australian Army Staff College at Queenscliff until his retirement. His widow gifted them to me some years after his death.
My set of AWM Pictorial History and 16 of the WW2 History volumes all came from the long forgotten Amenities Library that was housed at the now defunct Russell Street Police Headquarters in Melbourne. A couple of years before the complex was closed the library ceased to operate. It was rumoured that the books were all to be sold by tender. The collection contained many original issue battalion histories. When the tender went through the main interest was in the antique shelving not the books. The elderly volunteer librarian had since departed and not many people had access to the keys. You can be lucky sometimes.
Attached Thumbnails
thumbnail_IMG_0675.jpg   thumbnail_IMG_0682.jpg   thumbnail_IMG_0683.jpg   thumbnail_IMG_0681.jpg  
1941 Fordson WOT 2H (Unrestored)
194? Fordson WOT 2D (Unrestored)
1939 Ford 1 ton utility (Undergoing restoration)
1940 Ford 1 ton utility (Unrestored)
1941 Ford 1 ton utility (Unrestored)
BSA folding bicycle
BSA folding bicycle
1941 Ford/Marmon Herrington 3A gun tractor
1941 Ford/Marmon Herrington 3 gun tractor (Unrestored)
1941 Diamond T 969 (Unrestored)
Wiles Junior Cooker x 2