View Single Post
Old 05-05-10, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
Note the date for the GPMG mount is 1975. If you have one of these, then the radios have to be appropriate for the date. The Reg F were using RT524 radios with the AMU and 10' whip antenna by then. The Reserves were still lumbering along with C42 radios with the ATU and 8' rod antenna. These both used bases on the spare tire carrier.
Good Catch Terry. I had to go back to the research and find the correct dates. Dates in The BCR would have been around 79 to at least 83,when the maintanace records stopped.It then got reassigned in 86 to the 1 signal regiment.
I'm not a radio man, perhaps I'll have to start a new thread. But the radios our military used changes names as the mounted then in vehicles and added on equipment to them. I believe mine was used from the 60s into the ?s. It started off as a PRC-77. I'm not sure what it is now. I know it was a favoite in our 67 and up M151A1 Gun Jeeps in Viietnam. I took the entire unit out of my 71 M35A2 when I sold it.It was slated for my 67 M151A1 restoration, but now that project has been rescheduled after the M38A1 CDN2.
Next project for today is looking for tie rods for the M38A1 Cdn2. During Alignment yesterday, I was told the tie rod end were good and tight but the threads were gone. I have new ends in the garage, but I'm thinking Ill replace the rods too to complete the all new status.
I say if any one is retired and says thet are bored, tell them to by a military vehicle.
Bob M.

Last edited by BOBM35A2; 05-05-10 at 14:39. Reason: Radio is now a RT-841/PRC-77