View Single Post
Old 30-01-13, 08:51

You may have something bent somewhere Chris. Either the rod from the pedal cross shaft to the bell-crank on the side of the block or the one from the bell-crank up to the carby.

I never liked the original pedal and replaced it with a proper hinged pedal from a Stude which is a far better arrangement. It uses a link to the cut off stub of the original below the toe board. By doing this I could make the link whatever length suited me to get the pedal angle and travel as I wanted it. It was definitely more user friendly.

I did many thousands of miles in my Chev including the Back to the Track run in '95 and two of the subsequent spin offs in 2000 and 2005. The last trip was as part of the ANZAC tour from Istanbul to Normandy in 2009. When the trip finished my wife and I crossed over to England where we spent another six weeks including taking the Chev to the War and Peace Show. It was handed over to the new owner after the show. I do miss it now and then as it was part of my life for thirty years or so.

David

Last edited by motto; 30-01-13 at 09:06.