View Single Post
Old 01-01-08, 05:05

Default AFVs & LP Carriers

To answer a question that has already been posed to me about AFVs and LP Carriers in relation to the Van Park. People need to realise not to get too trapped in the term "tracked vehicles".

I have already spoken to the Van Park owners in relation to AFVs (tanks) in that location and why it is NOT a viable proposition. To recap, this is a SAFETY issue in addition to the damage that will happen if these large vehicles are let loose in this close environment.

Hence, the decision has been made that NO AFVs (tanks) will be allowed in the Van Park. For those who are planning to bring an AFV (tank) but wish to stay in the Van Park, the decision to camp away from your vehicle will be wholly up to owners/entrants.

I am sorry but there will be no concessions with this decision, as said before, this is a safety issue. If anyone has issues with this decision, it is one that you can take up with me and not the committee as a whole. I will happily listen to both sides of a discussion.

If I am prepared to listen to your side, then I expect you to give me the same courtesy and listen to mine.

LP Carriers have done OK in the Van Park in the past, so I do not foresee any changes to that. The Van Park owners are happy with this type of vehicle still in their location.

As with all things though, we need to be sensible with this if we are going to be welcome back.

It's not what you know
It's not who you know
It's what you know about who..

Last edited by Ian Pullen; 01-01-08 at 05:54.