Thread: CFTA Meaford
View Single Post
Old 09-09-07, 22:55
Senior Forum Member

Default Re: Thanx Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Wayne McGee
I was off by up to six years. Not too bad when you take into consideration the virtual procurement standstill this Country went through from the '60s to the end of the '80s.
This thread has been fun for me, and I would like to hear other stories of this Camp, or for that matter, of any other Camp, Base, Station, Gulag etc. perhaps each as its own thread. Like where in the Hell was Camp Utopia NB? Was Camp Aldershot allways the size of a postage stamp? Vernon, Dundurn, Rivers, Ipperwash, Debert. They were(and,are) very important, and something tells me a lot of funny/sad/goofy/tragic things happened in those places over the years.
Second, third hand....who cares. Tell me your Camp Story.

Cheers
Hi Wayne;

Camp Ipperwash was a second home (Sept to Jun) to whichever battalion of the Regiment was stationed in Wolseley Barracks. We spent Mon to Fri there and back to London late Fri afternoon in time for Happy Hour.......

I have many good memories of time spent in Ipperwash ........

Blackdown Park in CFB Borden ....... now that's another memory of summers gone by .......... more later, my grand-daughter just told me I have to eat! .........