View Single Post
Old 28-03-17, 00:37
GM Fox I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Gregg View Post
This is a cell phone pic of the colour photocopy I have so quality isn't the greatest.
I'm almost certain that's the one currently in the CWM. At about the time of that movie the Oshawa 'Ferret' club was doing work on if for the museum. Many local vehicles were included so probably the Lynx too. I once owned the C60L on the left side of the photo and at the time of the movie it too was owned by the Ferret Club.

Another historical note regarding the Lynx in Canada: The late Dr. Bill Gregg brought three of them to Canada from Greece in the late 70's or early 80's. Apparently there were a dozen to choose from but I guess three was all he wanted and I don't expect the rest met a happy end. Of the three, two are in museums as noted (the Shilo museum in Manitoba and the CWM in Ottawa). Bill Greg kept the third after he sold off his entire collection and it eventually was sold to a collector in Denmark.

Regarding at least two of the 'hulks' in Alberta, one is still here and was painstakingly rebuilt from bits that had been strewn about a yard. It was (is?) recently for sale. The second was sent to the Leegwaters in Holland.