Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 15-06-19, 01:47

Grant,

Yes it’s an off the shelf item from Vintage Wiring Harness in Australia. Item number CV425. I had them add the separate wires for turn signals as well. The quality is great and I’m very happy with it. All of the leads are tagged, however the numbers don’t match up to the wiring diagram in the C15a manuals. Saying this they may have used a different wiring diagram and matched it to them. One other thing I have noticed is that you have to provide your own light sockets for the dash lights. If I come across anything else I post about it. Ignore the box as it is only being used for holding CMP goodies such as side lights and other original bits.

The stainless braiding came from https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/sta...aided-sleeving. I ordered online and it arrived by the end of the next day via UPS.

I went with stainless as the tinned copper was a lot more. The other advantage was that the stainless had a good expansion range. So using the 1/2” stainless, I was able to do all the sizes as found on the main harness.

Thanks Phil. I look forward to seeing what you’ve got in your files. I’ve got what I believe to be an original rear harness. I’ll have to slip under the truck and see how it goes then compare to the new made one. I do know the new one is way longer then needed for a 15cwt.
C15A-Wire3, 1944
Willys MB, 1942
10cwt Canadian trailer