Thread: How To: C15a Wire-3 restoration
View Single Post
Old 16-06-19, 15:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Waterman View Post
Having made harnesses for HUPS, C60S, C60L, C15A that the front harness seem to be the same length with the individual differences being for which Pattern and then on Pat 13s early or late instrument panel. From what I can figure/observed rear harness for 101, 134 and 158 inch wheel base are all the same from rear to just in front of the rear axle. That the difference is the length forward to the connection length to the junction point with the front harness.
If you think about it this would make a lot of sense for parts interchangeablity.
This morning I compared the parts books for C15A and C60L, most of the wiring harness part numbers were identical (differences for applications such as portee, arctic, instrument styles, wireless shielding, etc.).
To allow for the difference in wheelbases I would have expected either that there would be long, medium and short rear harnesses or that there would be extension harnesses to fit between common front and rear harnesses. Maybe I wasn't seeing clearly or didn't recognize what they were calling the parts but I didn't see either of these approaches described in the parts books....

Last edited by Grant Bowker; 16-06-19 at 15:56.