View Single Post
Old 28-12-14, 19:19

Default questions

The rank appears to be identifiable as both being Snr NCO's, one CWO the other MWO, perhaps the RSM and CSM from the French Canadian infantry unit there at time? Le Régiment de Maisonneuve fought in Gronigen with the FGH and BCD's, which is a long way off, but I do not know the movement history of that unit. Due to the rank of these two there should be very few names to pick from. Le Régiment de Maisonneuve remained in Netherlands through December, 1945.

I am discounting the neck ties as not identifiable to colour between black and OD. I am not suggesting the Unit association based on the Province of origin for Claude being PQ, but I believe with that Francophone name and original information indicating he is from Quebec it is a common sense starting point.

There is a private museum in Neede that is dedicated to Canadian infantry and armoured units involved during 1944-1945. That resource, combined with help from Lt. Col. Bergeron here on MLU may be a good start. As well as Archives Canada and the Regimental museum(s).

Where did the picture come from, are there others with it that may give more detail, what is marked on the back, if anything, who knows the billeting history in the local area?

Last edited by Michael R.; 29-12-14 at 05:35.