View Single Post
Old 04-01-18, 11:30

Default :)

Thank you for the first answers. I dreamed about Mortar Carrier MkI or Mk II, due to the fact that such vehicles were in my regiment. A few years ago, my friend bought MkIII AOP, and later MkI* - he made me an appetite for my own vehicle. Both of his Carrier are being renovated right now. I helped him by collecting documentation. Recently another friend bought MkI* for himself. The vehicle is also already dismantled for refurbishment and we are looking for parts. My MkIII is the fourth in the "family". It will be a difficult project due to the lack of suspension and tracks as well as the drive and steering system. I know that, unfortunately, Mk III was not a carrier for the 3rd "mortar." I still have to rebuild the vehicle as a standard UC with Bren MG.The preserved equipment suggests that the vehicle left the Ford factory in this configuration (a grenade box 2 ", a box on the part to Bren, base for WS19 radio, crew weapon holders, etc.).
There are leftovers of the T 33XXXX number on the side, so I have almost 100% confidence in the manufacturer and the series. I am looking for missing numbers. I hope I find them while cleaning the hull. However, I was hoping that the number of the vehicle was mechanically marked (with a numerator), which would be visible despite the corrosion and destruction of the paint. Unfortunately, the rating plates have been broken. Only their fragments remain.