View Single Post
Old 27-03-18, 17:28

Default Studebaker & Reo Trucks in Aust

Well done Darryl - as I know exactly how long it takes to extract information from AWM126!

I couple of points: MT1131/1 is not housed at the AWM in Canberra: it is a 'Melbourne Temporary' file series housed at the NAA in Melbourne. The file to which you refer is barcode 3249497 - a much easier way to refer to the file so others can find it quickly. It is digitized and available to view on line.

That file contains references to both 1,192 (page 47) and 1,200 Studebakers (page 1), but the figure, as you correctly point out, is 1,192 (I had 1,190 in my Army Motors article published circa 2004, having missed two in the registers, which I subsequently located after the article went to press. Of course, pre-digitised AWM126, it was a matter of sitting down in the AWM RC and wading through the hard copy looking for a vehicle type). I've attached a .pdf of the un-edited article text for interest.To see the images, you'll have to locate the original article in AM. Enjoy, and please forgive the 'total vehicles' error.

Regards

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Army Motors Studebaker & Reo.pdf (223.1 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Mike Cecil; 27-03-18 at 17:37.