View Single Post
Old 18-12-06, 20:53

Default Re: Already said!

Quote:
Originally posted by David_Hayward
1941 Models.
Sorry David but I am afraid I have to disagree with you. 1941 had the sidelight on top of the headlight where as 1940 had them seperate on the outer side of the mudguard as did 1939. The rear truck shows this side light quite clearly but not clear enough for me to tell for sure which model. The 1939 had a streamlined 'civilian' (for want of a better word) type sidelight & the 1940 had a non tappering tube type similar to that seen on CMP 13 cabs.

A lot of the LRDG Chev trucks I have seen photos of also show this sidelight indentifying them as 1940 models (I can see the grill in most of these photos) so these would have been part of the order in your other thread as it is more likely that 1940 models would have been supplied initially to fill this order.

The trouble is that there were also a lot of the 1939 Chevrolets used as well and I have seen LRDG Chevs of this type as well. They are not as well known as the 1940 models but they were used.

Now having typed all this I realise that 1941 can be deleted as they did not have the seperate sidelight on the front guard!

Cheers
Cliff