View Single Post
Old 13-08-17, 14:02

Despite my best attempts avoidance ( eg; taking cold showers, minimal clothing, working in a freezing cold shed (well anything under 8c is cold in my book)) I finally came down with the flu, (in unison - 'Awwwwww').

The best remedy I could find has two pain relievers and a trip to the shed to avoid re-infecting the family. It's been a busy week.

I am very greatful to my old friend and socialite, Wayne Henderson, who let me measure up a NOS leather bellows for the cross tube and create a set of drawings under his eagle eye. From this I made a paper template so that I could check my measurements and had another friend, Steve (the saddle maker) make a set. Result - Perfection - This guy is a craftsman. I made the leather inserts for the clutch, accelorater etc and they look very average in comparison.

All the linkages were installed and the steering set up. Then with the aid of my loving wife, the cross tube was installed. Then I had the take the cam plate back off and insert the cam rollers

Gear linkage is back in and now working on restoring the oil lines. Still have not done anything with the wheels and it's about time to strip down the engine.
Attached Thumbnails
image1.JPG   image2.JPG   image1.JPG  

"He who has the tiger by the tale, is often afraid to let go" - Confucius

Ford FGT No.9 (long suffering restoration project)
25 Pdr (Under Restoration)
No.27 Artillery Trailer (Under Restoration)
Bit and pieces of a 2 pdr AT (Looking for bits)
LP2a Carrier - 3" Mortar Trials (Restored)