View Single Post
Old 02-03-16, 19:44
Geoff Truscott

Well I guess the ones you had for sale are worth CDN$20.00
Personally I would really like it if all wireless items were less than they are.
What gets me is when someone makes assumptions, ie: greedy, reseller when one doesn't actually even know the individual, I collect WW2 Wireless items used by the Canadians in WW2, if I buy an item of better quality I will try to 'resell' the lesser item for what I paid for it, if I can make 10% great. There are a few younger local fellows that I give items to or sell at a loss, because they show an interest. So what does that make me?
So yes, some items are getting rarer and command a higher price, some items come from Europe and often cost more to ship than the item actually cost. All this adds to the cost, I'm not a government that runs everything at a loss.
One should get to know someone before making judgements about their character or intentions. Making assumptions from thin air is usually only going to cause friction.
Maybe I'll bite and see what happens, I'll change the sale to an auction and see what the WWW thinks they are worth, also note that I almost always offer 'Make an Offer' as I often really have no idea what an object is actually worth, I am always open to negotiation, keeps the riff-raff at bay and it is much easier to go down in price than up.
I was going to sand blast the carriers, clear coat them and include the 2 metal strips I dug up but that would increase the value as there would now be the added value of paint, labour and time.
Lots of the items we collect start out as 'Junk' but end up being classic pieces once finished, keep in mind that one mans junk is another mans treasure.
I also spent some of my free time displaying parts of my collection at shows in Ontario in an effort to educate the general public on our roll in WW2 and perhaps actually interest some older or younger citizens in the hobby, so please don't judge me without having some facts first.

Geoffrey

Last edited by Johnny Canuck; 03-03-16 at 22:48.