View Single Post
Old 29-12-05, 21:46
British Indian Army

Default Re: Request for photos and/or CT #

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob McCue
Hello,

I am currently trying to assist the Loyal Edmonton Regiment (LER)in Edmonton find a picture and/or a confirmed registration number for a Bren Gun Carrier that they are having restored. They are hoping to find a picture to use as a guide for the painting of the marks. Some Info for the pers looking;

LER or 49th Bn was with 1st Cdn Infantry Division

their unit designation was a white 62 on a green background.

as part of the 2nd Cdn Inf Bde.

Can anyone assist us?

Cheers,
Rob McCue
Sgt

If the Loyal Edmonton Regiment is the same as the Edmonton Regiment then I can say that it was issued with carriers with the following CT (War Office) numbers.
CT 29002, 004, 006-008, 011;
CT29112, 117, 129, 130.

It is unlikely that the tracks on your carrier are original, but if they are you may be able to narrow down the CT number as follows.

If your track is marked with any one of these letters, IH/CS-3, then you choose from CT 29002, 004, 006, 112, 117 & 129. These tracks were made by International Harvester prior to 1941.
If the tracks have FM-41-FD on them then you choose from the remaining numbers as these were made by Ford Motors, again prior to November 1941.

Please note that this is only a section of issued vehicles and there will be others which I do not have documentation for, but with luck it is a start. Look forward to seeing and hearing more.

Nigel

SALH

1942 Ford Utility 11YF
1942 10cwt GS Trailer