View Single Post
Old 02-01-09, 01:33
Richard Harrison

not sure if Stallwood is running Staman International (i thought he was R n R services) anyway.... there are a load at Staman for sale POA of course, the advert can be traced from www.milweb.net in the for sale section, its top of the pile !

on the price front i agree in some respect that you cant put a price on saving a peice of world history and yes very soon they will almost all be gone.

Mind i have to say in the past Mike has always been a fair trader with me, even offered me a complete T16 with 14k on the clocks (requiring resto) for £6000 which is cheap in retrospect.

if i win the lottery i will add a grant to my list of carriers wanted and perhaps the odd sherman

HOWEVER.

i know of unscrupulous people that buy this stuff in for scrap prices than slap a massive price on re sale, i know business is business but surely a tru armour purist would be more concerned about getting the machines to good homes bringing them back to life.

however again... on the flip side at least the 50K price tag would ensure a buyer who had the funds to complete the build rather than let it rot away in the back yard.

50K can get a half decent house so you would need to be loaded or part of a syndicate to afford one.