View Single Post
Old 17-01-11, 20:37

Default Yes found the hidden bolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHClarke View Post
Hi Phil, Just checking progress. Did you remove the floor plates in the cab and the rear fenders? I strongly recommend you do so to prevent damage. Also, did you find the two large bolts that hold the front of the cab frame to the truck frame? .....

Good luck with the lift!
Hi Rob

Your point about hidden bolts is well taken, one of the reasons I take so many pictures, is so by looking at them in order I can see what the order is for reassembling. Strange you should mention the front bolts that actually is one of the areas which prompted a down to the frame overhaul, a fatigue crack at the left front bolt location. The picture below will show the location of these unique to HUP body mounting bolts on the bigger CMP cab bolts are really obvious.

Too check for other hidden attachments I've lifted the body up a couple of inches with hydraulic jack think I got everything, now I've put two of the big eye bolt clamps back on for the trip to the garage. Your information on lifting the body are help full. But with the truck finger lift down the road it should be a snap to lift the body straight up then drive my C60L with the drop side cargo bend under with wooden blocks to keep from crushing or bending the chock block boxes at the rear or any of the other little projections. Then it's fold up the drop sides, strap the body down and drive home.

Suspect that the hardest part will be getting the HUP into and out of my own shop. Which is the reason for the pintle hook attachment on the front of my C60L.

The 2nd photo shows the issue I have with the crack to be repaired should be easy once the body is off the truck. Plan too cut the crack lines open and drill a hole just beyond the end of the long crack should then be able to weld the crack cuts tight.

Cheers Phil
Attached Thumbnails
MLU 1-14 Beast Rebuild Camera 005copy arrow 1-14 Beast Rebuild Camera 010.jpg   MLU 1-14 Beast Rebuild Camera 005Body Frame Rail Crack.jpg  
`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com