View Single Post
Old 04-02-11, 22:18

Default Progress made body now off the chassis

Hi All

Between snow storms I finally towed the HUP down to the heavy truck shop this morning. Had to be there at 8 AM as they proprietor had to go out with his back hoe and finish cleaning up the latest storm before the next storm tomorrow. Being a one man operation he wears several hats including doing a plow route for the town.

So it was a bit nippy heading out with the temperature down at -11 C but not a long trip about 3 miles. Whole trip in 4 wheel drive as the military tires on the nice smoothly plowed roads needed the extra traction. In all it actually took longer to pull the HUP out of my shop and get it back into my shop than the rest of the process. Hour and eleven minutes from the time I arrived at his shop till I was driving away with the body in the back of the C60L.

First step will be to remove the engine so I can put in on the engine test stand and do some run tests to figure out what work is needed (more on the test when I start on them) anyway I want to determine early on if it is going to need any major machine shop work as there generally is about a 2 week wait on that stuff.

Now I can really get started on the work and in particular where the paint is needed the chassis and the underside of the body

Here are some pictures of the fun.
Attached Thumbnails
copy 2-3 Beast Rebuild Camera 003.jpg   copy 2-4 Beast Rebuild Camera 001.jpg   copy 2-4 Beast Rebuild Camera 002.jpg   copy 2-4 Beast Rebuild Camera 005.jpg   copy 2-4 Beast Rebuild Camera 009.jpg  

`45 HUP
http://canadianmilitarypattern.com/
New e-mail Philip@canadianmilitarypattern.com