View Single Post
Old 20-03-13, 15:28

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Cecil View Post
Cliff,

I had forgotten all that! How many years ago was that? I don't remember actually coming up with a Humbrol-based formula, but I certainly remember having done a lot of work on paint colour matching back in the early-mid 90s when I was given a copy of the Standards Assoc booklet (very much pre-AWM days, by the way). Mike Starmer (UK) and I had quite a deal of communication about it at the time.

Actually, we should probably thank my long-suffering artist wife, Krystii Melaine for the matching: I'm hopeless at it.

I'll qualify all this by saying that, despite the reference to Khaki Green this, or Light Earth that, the actual shades of these varied, due to manufacturer/batch differences, 'treatment' (how much thinner or matting agent is used, how well it was mixed pre-application, etc) and use, including sun/weather, dust, mud exposure, etc. Hence, there is never anything definitive about the shades of the colours once applied.

But in the absence of anything else ..... it makes a fine starting point.

Mike C
Mike dare I say it you must be getting old . Yes these paint formula came from you a long time ago. I will in the near future try and match the different colours with acrylic based paint for my models but the initial work definately came from you.

"and on the 8th day he made trucks so that man, made on the 7th day, had shelter when woman threw him out for the night"
MrRoo says "TRUCKS ROOLE"