View Single Post
Old 31-03-13, 16:59

Default Outdoor warning

If you live on a farm, then the spray is not an issue..

I was painting the tac and div signs on my carrier some years back in my garage with the door open. A neighbor came by all upset that my paint was speckling his car.

Now, he was parked on the alley about 50 yards away, and was pointing out some dots about the size of a period on a printed page. Most were whitish and some words were about to be exchanged, but a few dots were the same color green as I was using for the Reconnaissance Tac sign of green and blue with white numbers.

Now I was painting from a rattle can, so I was rather gobsmacked that the overspray could travel some 50 yards. But I did see colored dots that did match my tac sign.

SO, I spent a good hour with a wooden popsickle stick rubbing out the dots.

Another time, after I moved here, I was painting the Humber A/C with a proper spray gun and realized I was gettign a nice cloud of spray wafting across the road - with the occasional car driving through it. Although no one stopped to complaine, It forced me to hold my spraying to when no traffic was passing, and I had to spend more time watching for cars than I did keeping an eye on my paint coverage.

Next paint job for the Humber will be by brush......