View Single Post
Old 27-07-15, 17:23

Default Staghound restoration in the UK

After 4 years of trying, I am finally a member, thanks to Wayne for pointing me in the right direction and Keith for making it happen!!

As a guest you cannot blow up pictures and this had been the worst bit, now I can full appreciate Wayne's hard work on his own Staghound.

I started off with a very rough Staghound, which I bought despite being advised a better one would come along, and then on a parts hunting trip to the US, I unintentionally became the lucky owner of a much better one! Not only was it much more complete, it is also nice as a collector to have the opportunity to own and restore one of the vehicles the late Jacques Littlefield never managed to get done in his life time.

The first Stag was not by any means a complete waste of my time, primarily it led me to the second one, and also to some useful parts to aid in the restoration of both of them and meeting some other Stag owners both near and far. The first stag has now found a new home here in the UK with a good friend of mine and on the basis of the last vehicle I sold him it will be up on its own wheels and moving around in no time. Whilst I wont be doing the work myself now, it is very pleasing to have found all the parts required to make it a viable project, coupled with being able to find someone else who shares my vision to get it running again.

Anyway I am busy collecting parts and finishing off the restoration of my M8 A/C and then it will be full steam ahead on the Stag restoration!!

I have also started a blog which I hope to try and keep updated, although I wont be entering any contracts on that!!!

http://staghoundrestoration.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks Jon
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0163_zpsc8a507a5.jpg   imagejpg35_zps291115f4.jpg  

Last edited by Jon Hickman; 27-07-15 at 18:38.