View Single Post
Old 17-08-18, 05:29
carrier mech

The plug for the inter-vehicle cable is an amphenol plug. They come in a large variety of pins, sizes and configurations. I'll check an intervehicle cable and see if I can get you the part number from the plug, but it can be figured out from the part number on the plug you have.

Alternatively, you can cut the wires before the plug and splice them to any normal inter-vehicle cable of appropriate length. The numbers should be on the wires and will quickly identify where each wire goes to.

The newer bolt together rims will go straight accross onto the trailer. The only exception was the kitchen trailers back in the day. We had to replace all the hubs due to the different offset of the newer rims. But before you change over to the radials and those bolt together rims, be aware that they are very problematic, frequently leaking at the O ring. Sometimes this is due to corrosion in the o ring channel, other times it is due to the bolts not being torqued. One fix attempt that the guys have tried is using the larger O rings form the HLVW to try and get the rims to seal.

Drive by any compound of MLVWs and see how many are sitting on flat tires.

I had the new style tires on my own MLVW, but eventually got tired of fixing the flats, so I managed to get together a full set of the old split rims and tube type bias ply tires. Never had a flat since.

Wrt the stabilzer leg, I'll get you a photo of one next week when I am back at work.