View Single Post
Old 21-02-21, 18:08

Default New cutoff failure

Hi all . The generator came back from the shop . There was a cut or exposed wire inside making contact occasionnaly . Installed it today with a brand new mechanical cutoff from Mac’s . The cutoff failed it’s job immediately as the points were sticking and the generator was draining the battery . Thank you Mac’s . I had headed Rob Love’s advice and ordered a diode somewhere else . Installed it ( pictured ) and it works flawlessly . Bought it on Epay for $30 US or so and it is said to work on 6/12/24 volts . The important thing is it works on my 6 V system . No drainage of the battery . A nice slow charge to the battery and a nice ample supply of current to the accessories . Life is good when a generator does it’s job ! The red wire is for the red light on the dash up front and the black goes to the battery . The light comes off immediately when the engine is started and the generator is pushing current . No faint red light , no flicker . The diode does it’s job . Life is good when a diode does it’s job . Throw out those mechanical cutoffs my friends and your lives will be much easier . Thank’s Rob Love for the advice !
Attached Thumbnails
5C8FCA32-DD4E-4B51-B867-BA145883FB81.jpeg  
94 LSVW

Last edited by Robert Bergeron; 21-02-21 at 18:32.