View Single Post
Old 20-12-20, 23:41

Hi Jakko.

I think it is two different Crabs, but very likely the same Regiment.

In the first photo, side view, the photographer is standing in a roadway leading up to where the Crab is sitting. Look at the chain link fence just above the drooping gun barrel. You can see the top of the fence stop at the point where a slightly lower gate is located. This Crab was moving along a road parallel to the fence when it hit a mine. You can see daylight and ripped metal under the front portion of the hull where the first suspension assembly used to be and the top of the 2nd suspension is almost flush with the ground following the blast. The upper front slope of the hull also seems to lack the expected lines of a normal hull. The armour plate is flowing all over the place to my eyes.

In the second rear view photo, there is no trace of a chain link fence to the right of the Crab. Also, a large tree is growing just to the left of the spare chain rack. In the first photo, that portion of the tank is in full view at the intersection of the two roads.

My thoughts are the first Crab was a fatal event for the crew. The second crew were probably a lot luckier.

David