View Single Post
Old 05-09-18, 12:17
carrier mech

Quote:
Originally Posted by derk derin View Post
Rob Love & I don't get nuthin!
Not quite true Dirk. When we were there 6 months back, the disposal/cleanup was already under way. They had pallets of the 1950s neck tie material in rolls. I asked the guy how much for a roll and how much for a box of rolls. He said: Take as many as you want....they are heading to the dump next week. So I took two boxes....one for me and one for the museum. The material is fine for folding over to use as edge material for canvas work. And besides, you never know when you will want to wear a green necktie.

We did get into the warehouse #2 about 5 years back. They had the smaller mk2 carrier funnels by the dozens, and mixed in were some of the more desirable mk1 funnels. I was buying all I cold find at that point.

That store was the source for the rivets I used to use when re-assembling carriers. There are more than a few carriers sporting them.

Regarding drinking $7 a bottle merlot, Mr Morrison must be wealthy. This hobby has led me away from drink due to expense. My vice is 35¢ a can coca cola (this is the price of the elixir when bought in flats of 24 and the environmental taxes are factored in). Besides, out here in the real prairie provinces, wine is considered either a bit of a girlie drink, and was something you used as a teenager for panty-remover.