View Single Post
Old 14-02-10, 20:13
carrier mech

Yes and no. I went at the last minute to the highways department to get an oversize permit. I had to go all of about 3 miles on the highway to go from the base to my property. Of course, their answer was no, and in anticipation I had already recce'd a much longer route using only grid roads. I went 8 miles that way, followed by a cross through a ditch and across my neighbor's acreage. I had hydro come check the route for line clearances, and they actually followed me for the first trip. Cost for them was $40. All four trips went without a hitch.

Grid roads don't fall under the Dept of highways authority. The municipal office didn't care, although they initially thought I would have to go to the area planning for a building permit. I informed them that my intention was to use it for agricultural purposes, to which we both knew there were no permits required.

Below are two photos of the last portion of the whole trip. First photo is crossing the ditch over a quick approach I threw in (30 yards of gravel). Second photo was where one wheel went over the edge. A bit of quick shoveling and I was back on my way.

Last edited by rob love; 15-02-10 at 03:26.